The 64th UEFA Champions League is on its way to the final Matchday of Group stage.
Out of 32 teams who participated only 16 can qualify for the knockout stages, where already 12 teams have booked their spot in the Round of 16. Only 4 spots are available to qualify.
There will be seven teams in the race for entering the knockout stage. 5 groups have already seen their top two teams qualified before Match 6. The groups whose result will depend on Matchday 6 are Group B, Group C, and Group F.
|A||Atletico Madrid and Dortmund|
|D||Porto and Schalke 04|
|E||Bayern Munich and Ajax|
|G||Real Madrid and Roma|
|H||Juventus and Real Madrid|
Teams in race
Group B:- Tottenham Hotspur and Inter Milan.
Group C:- Napoli,Paris Saint Germaiin and Liverpool.
Group F:- Lyon and Shakhtar Donetsk.
Tottenham and Milan had a meeting at Wembley Stadium where Spurs defeated the Italian club to keep there hopes alive in the Champions League. There are several possibilities for one of the clubs to qualify:-
- Tottenham will face Group leaders Barcelona and they must win irrespective of Inter winning against PSV, Tottenham will go through Round of 16.
- Inter wins and Tottenham loses their own match, Inter are through.
- Even if both the matches tie or both teams lose their respective matches Tottenham will be through as Milan will have to get more points than Tottenham to qualify.
It is the only group among the 8 groups where not a single team has qualified yet, such is the competition among Napoli, PSG and Liverpool where currently Napoli is on the top of the table who will face Liverpool (3rd placed with 6 points) at Anfield.
The permutations for this group is as follows:-
- For Napoli, they will have to make a draw at least to qualify, if they lose then only chance for them to qualify is PSG losing to Red Star Belgrade.
- For Liverpool it is a must win there is no option for a tie for them if they lose they will be transferred to UEFA Europa League.
- Paris Saint-Germain will have to win and a draw would advance them to knockout-stage only if Liverpool is defeated by Napoli or their match to end as a draw.
Manchester City has been advanced to the Round of 16 despite they lost their first match against Lyon. It will be a head to head match for Lyon and Shakhtar Donetsk the one who wins clearly goes ahead and in case of a draw, Lyon will have the privilege to qualify as having more points than Shakhtar.
- We predict it would be Milan from B as Tottenham will be playing against the unbeaten Barcelona would be a difficult game to pass.
- From C, PSG will be the one to make it through without any barriers, among Liverpool and Napoli its going to be a tough fight as Napoli leading the table will try to dominate but Liverpool will be the favorites to win on their home.
- From F, Lyon would take the 2 point lead advantage over Shakhtar and as they have not lost a single game in the group stage and will continue to perform accordingly.
Important Matches of Matchday 6
- Barcelona vs Tottenham Hotspur. (Camp Nou)
- Inter Milan vs PSV Eindhoven. (San Siro)
- Red Star Belgrade vs Paris Saint-Germain. (Red Star Stadium)
- Liverpool vs Napoli. (Anfield)
All the matches will start on December 12 at 1:30 AM (IST)
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Lyon. (Oblasny SportKomplex Metalist)
This match will start on December 13 at 1:30 AM (IST).