After a clinical whitewash in the test series by 3-0, the Proteas will look to continue their dominance in the five-match One-Day Series which begins on 19th January at St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth. The series is expected to show some high-class performance based on the potential of the players from both the sides. The Match Predictions for South africa vs Pakistan are as followed:-
- The 2019 World Cup is just four months away, and these types of matches will provide the teams to look at their strengths and weakness in their respective squads.
- Pakistan has 10 more ODI’s to play just before the World Cup 5 with South Africa in this month and the other 5 with the World Cup hosts England in the month of May. South Africa also plays ten matches and all of them will be played at home with Pakistan and Srilanka five each.
- The two sides had already met each other in the 2017 Champions Trophy Group Stage where Pakistan won the battle with the help of the Duckworth Lewis Method.
- Looking back at Pakistan’s tour to South Africa in 2013, they had to settle with a defeat in the ODI series in the final match where South Africa pulled the game from their hands to win the series by 3-2.
- AB De Villiers was the highest run scorer as in 5 matches he scored 352 runs with the help of 2 centuries and a fifty at the strike rate of 61.32.
- However, Mr 360 has announced his retirement last year, and it will be a new level challenge for South Africa to face the most potent pace attack like Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali and Shaheen Afridi.
- South Africa also have brought young batters like Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram, and Khaya Zondo who have been in good touch with the bat so far and will be given as many matches to play to decide who comes in and goes out in the World Cup Squad.
South Africa had 15-member Squad for their Australia’s Tour which was led by Faf Du Plessis who was banned for the final test at Johannesburg due to minor over-rate offence. He will be back for the ODI series and will continue to lead the side. Hashim Amla is back to the ODI squad, and Rassie van der Dussen is set to make his One-Day International debut as he has been included in the 14-member Squad for the first two matches.
South Africa’s Squad: Du Plessis(c), Amla, De Cock(wk), Hendricks, Tahir, Klassen, Miller, Paterson, Phehlukwayo, Pretorious, Rabada, Shamsi, Steyn, Van der Dussen.
Shan Masood gets his call for making his first appearance in One-Day Internationals after his spectacular batting in the Test Series against the hosts. Also, Hussain Talat, Mohammad Rizwan, and Mohammad Amir are included in the squad as they were not there in the New Zealand series.
Pakistan’s Squad: Sarfraz Ahmed (c & wk), Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq,Shoaib Malik, Faheem Ashraf,Shan Masood, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Usman Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Hussain Talat.
As per the match our prediction, pakistan has more probablity to win this series by his excellent bowling attack.
Both South Africa and Pakistan are sitting one after other in the Icc ODI rankings with 4th and 5th position respectively. Pakistan is nine ratings below South Africa, and this series is essential for both to test their skills, power and strengths.
For Pakistan, their Senior most player Shoaib Malik will be the key player as he is very well familiar to the conditions in South Africa and holds most runs for his side at present.
The pace factor will be a crucial factor in South Africa, so Pak has four-seamers in their squad and also plenty of batting options with Hafeez, Zaman, and Imam to open.
Babar Azam will have to show his resilience as he has been performing all over the World.
Dale Steyn was the bowling gun for RSA to win the dramatic ODI series in Australia and is improving with his performance after a one-year long International break. He will be the spearhead for his team to dismantle the Asians at home.
Quinton de Cock has been outstanding throughout his career and will be opening alongside Hashim Amla, the partnership between these two will make a big difference on teams total especially standing against the world-class Mohammad Amir and Hasan Ali.
David Miller has shown his form in Australia by his well deserved century at Hobart, and he is the man to fill the boots of Ab De Villiers in the team. So whenever RSA is in trouble with short of runs, Miller will be expected to rescue them.
Pakistan who is the current Champions Trophy holder look very strong with their bowling and batting, and it will be another challenge for the Proteas to battle with Sarfraz & co.
Pakistan will go as the favourites in the series, but still, we hope the Africans give a nail ending battle to them.
Match Prediction for this series will be that, Pakistan can win this series by their balling attack.
|1st ODI||19/01/19||St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth||4:30 PM|
|2nd ODI||22/01/19||Kingsmead, Durban||4:30 PM|
|3rd ODI||25/01/19||Supersport Park, Centurion.||4:30 PM|
|4th ODI||27/01/19||New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg.||1:30 PM|
|5th ODI||30/01/19||Newlands, Capetown.||4:30 PM|
So, here is the match prediction and Preview of Pakistan vs South africa series.