Pakistan crushed South Africa in the 4th ODI played at Wanderers Stadium by beating the home side by eight wickets to level the five-match series by 2-2. The match predictions for 5th ODI is as followed:-
Pakistan’s regular skipper Sarfraz Ahmed has been handed a four-match ban by ICC for his racist comments on South Africa’s all-rounder Andile Phehlukwayo in the Durban ODI. Pakistan Cricket Board appointed their most experienced player Shoaib Malik as a stand-in skipper for the rest of the series.
Shoaib Malik won the toss and put South Africa to bat first, and with the strategy of rotating the
bowlers they picked early wickets of Quinton De Cock and Reeza Hendricks, but Hashim Amla
along with Faf Du Plessis looked a threat, as at one stage they seemed to take the score to 300+ but
after Shadab Khan broke their 101 run partnership, South Africa collapsed for a total of
164. Usman Khan was the Man of the Match as he opened with the new ball and posted figures off 4/35 which helped Pakistan to chase a small total.
Pakistan chased the target comfortably with fine knocks by Imam ul-Haq(71), Fakhar Zaman(44) and Babar Azam (41*). The final ODI to be played at Cape Town on January 30 will be a series decider where both teams are expected to show their top-class performance.
- Hashim Amla who became the quickest to reach 27 ODI centuries in less number of innings with 167 innings. Amla is just 104 runs away from being the fastest to reach 8000 ODI runs.
- Imam ul-Haq completed 1000 ODI runs in just 19 innings where he just was one inning behind his opening partner Fakhar Zaman who completed the mark in 18 innings.
- Imam also leads as the series highest run-scorer with 263 runs in 4 matches.
- Andile Phehlukwayo is leading the wickets board with six wickets. Match Predictions
The last match will be a head to head competition for both the teams and looking at Pakistan’s comeback in Malik’s captaincy they look to clinch the series in the 5th ODI at Cape Town. South Africa has been struggling particularly with the bat as they are unable to get handy runs throughout the series, even in their 2nd ODI win they were rescued by Russie Van der Dussen and Andile Phehlukwayo and in the 3rd ODI, they managed to win by Duckworth Lewis method being 13 runs ahead. Pakistan looks balanced with both bat and ball, and they are the favourites to win the series. Our match predictions say Pakistan will win the final ODI.