The IPL tournament which can also be called a Vacation plan for everyone is going to see a match between the 3 times champions Mumbai Indians against the Kings in the North i.e Kings XI Punjab. It will be a close fight to see.
Today’s match prediction for MI vs KXIP is as followed:-
Toss Prediction for Mi vs KXIP:
The Pitch report of Wankhede Stadium is that due it’s close proximity to the Arabian Sea the pitch offers assistance to the Swing bowlers on the early part of the day and also supports spinners on the latter part of the day, the pitch tends to ease out and favour batsmen as the innings progresses. There can be big scores posted as well chased, the one who wins the toss would elect to bat first majorly, they can bowl as well if they have a wide batting line-up and can chase easily.
If MI bats first (predicted score 170-190 ):
The Mumbai Indians batsmen are highly talented and can exhilarate big blokes from their bat, they are mixed composure of youngsters and experienced players like Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard and Malinga in last. The key batsmen will be Suryakumar Yadav depending on his position whether he plays in the middle order or opens the innings. Malinga wont be playing XI. Alzarri Joseph has been the surprise bowler for MI. He took the best bowling figures in the last game, and will definitely be in the squad.
If Kxip bats first (predicted score 150-175):
The team will look to score maximum runs in the Powerplay when they will have Gayle and KL Rahul at the crease. Sarfaraz khan is going to be the key to build a difficult target to chase, we predict KL Rahul to score 50+ runs against Mumbai Indians. He scored two back to back fifties in the last 2 games.
They can start with De Cock or Evin Lewis who can post 50+ scores on any occasion, also Pollard and Ben Cutting are the all-rounder option the selectors need to select. Bumrah will bet the saviour bowler to turn the match in death overs. Rohit Sharma will aim for another trophy as the trend of alternate year is now for Mumbai Indians.
Mumbai Indians Points Table as of Now:
Mi predicted playing XI:-
Rohit, De kock Suryakumar, Yuvraj, Pollard, Krunal, hardik, Alzarri,Bumrah, Behrendroff, Chahar.
Top 3 Predicted players for MI:
- Alzarri Joseph: He is has bowled the best bowling figures ever in the ipl history, also the surprise player for the side. He was the replacement for Lasith Malinga and he will be a big threat for the opposition side.
- Hardik Pandya: He has been very consistent with his performance in the end of the innings and has always given 20- 30 extra runs for the team with less bowls left.
- De Kock: His opening will give a good start to the side. One of the key opening players to the side as an oversea player.
Kings XI Punjab:-
R Ashwin will play an extra batsman in the side to keep the scoreboard moving with more runs and Nicholas Pooran can come in for David Miller and play his freestyle all around the Wankhede Stadium. Shami will be key for Punjab.
KXIP Table as of Now:
Kxip predicted playing XI:-
Gayle, Rahul, Mayank, Mandeep, Miller, Sarfraz, Curran, Ashwin, Shami, Rajpoot, Tye.
Top 3 Predictied players for KXIP:
- Chris Gayle: Wankade is a batting pitch with small boundaries, and a big hitter like Gayle will take the full advantage of this occasion. His early striking in the game can lead kxip to a big total. The universal boss has to score and play the whole PP to dominate the innings.
- R. Ashwin: The captain has not only impressed everyone in leading the side but has also done it with his wicket taking skills. He is consistent with his wickets at crucial stages.
- Sam Curran: It will be a tough choice for the selectors to choose between him and Andrew. As they are playing on on batting pitch it will be beneficial for the side to have more batting in their lineup. Sam can also be a important bowler at death overs.
Key Player Battles for MI vs KXIP:-
Gayle vs Pollard:
The Carribean strikers have a similar style of playing but a different role to offer for their side. Pollards contribution in the end of the innings has been very important for the side, whereas Gayle’s opening at the start of the innings is very crucial for the side. Both these big guns will take the advantage of these small boundaries to hit the big sixes, It will be very interesting to see who hits the most sixes in today’s IPL match.
Head to Head for MI vs KXIP:-
Our Today’s IPL Match Prediction for MI vs CSK:-
The match predictions will be a tough choice as both the teams have won 4 matches each at Wankhede, our match predictions will go with Mumbai relying on their batting unit compared to Punjab.
So this was our Match Predictions, what is your match prediction for MI vs KXIP?
Predict on Predcred App and win exciting prizes.