India continues its heroics at the overseas stage with another series win over New Zealand after defeating the Black Caps by seven wickets in the 3rd ODI at Mount Maunganui. India leads the series by 3-0 which ends New Zealand’s chances to make a comeback in the series. The match predictions are as followed:-
Kane Williamson won the toss and decided to bat first, but New Zealand openers fell short once again to score big runs on the board and went back to the pavilion in the first ten overs.
However, the most reliable pair of the side Ross Taylor and Tom Latham took charge as usual and constructed an excellent 119-run partnership for the 4th wicket, Latham was dismissed just after he completed his 13th ODI half-century.
However, Ross Taylor continued although wickets kept falling on the other side and in the 46th over was departed as he nicked the ball of Mohammad Shami and felt 7 runs short from his 21st ODI hundred. India restricted New Zealand in 49 overs with a total of 243.
Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli’s 113 run Partnership made room for India to chase on, and later both were dismissed in the ’60s where Sharma scored 62 and Kohli 60. The middle-order batsmen Ambati Rayudu(40*) and Dinesh Karthik (38*) finished things for India.
Virat Kohli will be resting for the last two ODI’s and the entire T20 series, which means vice-captain Rohit Sharma will take on the charge as the captain, and now it won’t be a concern as
India has clinched another series title to its name and now looks well prepared for the 2019 World Cup which is supposed to be held in England and Wales starting from May 30.
- Mohammad Shami completed 100 wickets in the first match by dismissing Martin Guptill and becomes the 20th Indian bowler to reach hundred ODI wickets.
- Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan completed 5000 ODI runs in the first match and becomes the 13th Indian to do so.
- Ross Taylor and Tom Latham posted their 5th 100+ run stand and they aggregate 1483 runs in their partnership together.
- Dhawan is currently the highest run-scorer with 169 runs with the strike rate of 84.50.
- Kuldeep Yadav is the highest wicket-taker till now with eight wickets at an average of 15.38.
Match Predictions Although India has won the series but the Job is not done yet, India needs to win the next two matches also to complete a whitewash and avenge 2014 series and it can also help India regain their No.1 ODI ranking as they are rating just 2 points behind England. The match predictions for the 4th ODI goes in India’s favour.